A vacancy has arisen for a saw operator who wants to join a successful manufacturing business and learn new skills. You would be joining a small and friendly team that works closely with the production department.
Responsibilities will include:
- Inspecting materials to ensure high standards maintained
- Following drawings and job sheets to cut materials for various customers
- Achieving material optimisation
- Working as part of a team to achieve the best outcomes for customers
- Following quality procedures
- Inspect your own work to ensure that it achieves the standards required
- Work closely as a team to ensure all equipment is maintained and all health and safety regulations are adhered to at all times
- Be experienced in using saws (ideally beam/hand/wall)
- Be able to read and interpret production drawings
- Attention to detail
- Be able to effectively use a tape measure
- Have preferably worked within the plastics industry
You will need to be flexible in your approach to work, a team player with excellent communication skills and be able to demonstrate a good ability to listen to and implement instructions. You must also be capable of working under your own initiative once training has been provided. Must be willing to work any overtime when needed, will also be used in other departments if required.
Working hours are over 5 days per week (between 8.00am and 5.00pm Monday to Thursday with an early finish on Friday at 4.00pm or night shifts 6pm-6am, Monday to Thursday) . Night shift premiums apply for night shifts.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £10.50-£10.52 per hour
Cycle to work scheme
Work remotely: No